The Shrinker (FP)
As its name suggests, this drink helps shrink your fat cells! Its combined thermogenic-boosting ingredients promote energy and help speed your metabolism. But you’ll want to drink this simply because it tastes good! The Shrinker is not a meal replacement, so keep up your regular THM meals and snacks. It is designed to be sipped between set times of eating. It helps resist the urge to graze, scarf, or over-snack. You can find organic oolong tea at www.TrimHealthyMama.com, but some stores have it and you can also check online.
SINGLE SERVE: makes 1 quart to be sipped on all day (may be doubled for a 2-quart sipper)
- 2 oolong tea bags
- 1 mug boiling water
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond or cashew milk (see Note)
- 1 to 2 generous pinches Mineral Salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 to 4 doonks Pure Stevia Extract, or 2 to 3 teaspoons Super Sweet Blend, or sweeten to your own taste
- ½ to 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 to 2 pinches cayenne pepper (or enough to make you feel like a feisty tiger)
- Ice cubes and cold water
1. Steep the tea bags in a mug of boiled water. Allow to cool somewhat and discard the tea bags.
2. Pour the tea into a blender and add the almond milk, salt, vanilla, sweetener, cinnamon, and cayenne. This is your Shrinker concentrate. Blend well.
3. Place the concentrate in a quart jar and fill to the top with ice cubes. Add enough cold water so the liquid reaches the top of the jar. Put a lid on the jar, shake well, then taste and adjust flavors. “Own it!!!!”
You can make this a Healing Shrinker by omitting the nut milk and replacing with ½ teaspoon of Just Gelatin, 1 teaspoon Integral Collagen, 1 teaspoon MCT oil, and an optional ¼ teaspoon Sunflower Lecithin. You will dissolve the gelatin into the mug of hot brewed tea, stir very well, then add to the blender along with the collagen, oil, lecithin, and ½ cup cold water. This makes an ultra-creamy shrinker.
The Shrinker recipe is dairy-free (DF) and uses no special ingredients (NSI) when you replace the THM sweeteners with store-bought sweeteners and use the original recipe ingredients.