Singing Canary (FP)
Are you exhausted? Living under chronic stress? If you’ve been diagnosed with adrenal fatigue, you’ll want to make this drink frequently. But all of us can benefit. If you’ve had too many late nights or simply need a battery recharge, then drink the Singing Canary. It detoxes the body, beautifies the skin (super-high vitamin C content), has cancer-fighting power (thanks to curcumin), and has weight-loss benefits to boot! It has been especially formulated for tired, inflamed bodies, with each ingredient carefully chosen to be a powerful adrenal healer. There is no caffeine. It contains only deeply nourishing, soothing, hydrating, healing, tenderly awakening ingredients that create a delicious adrenal reviver! And despite the fact that it contains 1 full teaspoon of adrenal rebuilding, inflammation-fighting turmeric powder, it’s remarkably delicious—think Sunny D meets Orange Creamsicle®.
SINGLE SERVE: makes 1 quart to be sipped on all day (may be doubled for a 2-quart sipper)
- 2 lemons
- 1½ cups water, plus more for the jar
- ½ to 1 teaspoon turmeric, as needed
- 1 teaspoon MCT oil, or ½ teaspoon extra-virgin coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon Pristine Whey Protein or Integral Collagen, or both
- 2 generous pinches Mineral Salt
- 1 to 2 splashes vanilla extract
- 2 to 4 doonks Pure Stevia Extract, or 2 to 3 teaspoons Super Sweet Blend, or to taste
- 3 to 4 drops pure essential lemon oil (optional)
- 2,000 mg vitamin C powder (optional)
- Ice cubes
1. Peel the yellow rind off the lemons using a sharp paring knife, leaving as much of the white pith as possible (bioflavonoids in the pith are a healing component). Slice each lemon into 4 chunks, remove the seeds, and throw the lemon pieces into your blender along with the water. Blend well. Strain the mixture through a fine sieve or nylon mesh bag into a bowl or pitcher. (You can purchase these bags at a paint store inexpensively.) If you are pressed for time, just use the juice of the lemons and don’t worry about the straining.
(Recipe instructions are continued on the next page...)
2. Pour the strained juice into the blender. Add all the other ingredients except the ice cubes, and blend really well.
3. Fill a quart jar with ice to the tippy top and then pour the blended lemon mixture over the ice. If it doesn’t reach the top, add remaining water until it does. Put a tight lid on the jar and shake it like you are a professional drink mixer. Uncap and adjust the flavor to “own it.” (Quite a bit of stevia is required to offset the strong tart effect of the lemon pith and turmeric and to balance the salt. If your Canary has too much bite, add more sweetener and/or vanilla and scale back on the turmeric next time.)
The Singing Canary recipe is dairy-free (DF) if using the Integral Collagen option instead of the Pristine Whey Protein.