Creamy Spinach Artichoke Soup (S)
Come out of the nippy air, sit down and let this soup warm your body and soul. This mouth watering Creamy Spinach Artichoke Soup is comfort food in a bowl. If you love spinach and artichoke dip… you’re in for a treat of flavors here. Most of us have heard of the many health benefits of spinach, but artichokes are also a nutrient powerhouse with amazing health benefits! Did you know they are so packed full of disease fighting antioxidants that they surpass even blueberries cup for cup? Artichokes also aid in reducing “bad” cholesterol, provide brain and cognitive benefits, support liver health, help to prevent or combat hypertension or high blood pressure, elicit a mild diuretic effect to help shed excess fluid from the body...and much more!
Serving Size: Feeds approximately 4 people. (Feel free to double for a larger family.)
- 2 (12 oz) bags of frozen cauliflower
- 8 pieces of artichoke heart quarters (marinated, fresh, or frozen)
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups water
- 1 (10 oz) package frozen, chopped spinach (thawed & drained)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp mineral salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 to 3 cups cooked, chopped chicken
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
1. Place thawed cauliflower into blender. Add cream cheese, artichoke hearts & broth. Blend until smooth. If you have a smaller blender, you’ll want to do this in small batches. You can blend the cauliflower frozen if you have a good blender and use hot broth.
2. Pour creamy mixture from the blender into a soup pot. Add water, Parmesan cheese, spinach, and seasonings. Simmer on low for 10 minutes or until spinach and cauliflower are cooked.
3. Add chicken and cream and heat through.
The Creamy Spinach Artichoke Soup recipe uses no special ingredients (NSI).
The Creamy Spinach Artichoke Soup recipe and other delicious THM recipes can be found at www.TrimHealthyMembership.com