Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake (S)
This is the perfect fall pumpkin treat to start off your morning! All you need is a cup of coffee, or better yet a Trimmaccino, with this Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake and it will be your favorite morning yet! No need to only enjoy this cake during the autumn season... enjoy it year round!
Serving Size: Multiple (6-9 pieces)
- 5 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp THM Super Sweet Blend
- 1/2 tsp maple or caramel extract (optional)
- 3 to 4 Tbsp chopped walnuts or pecans
Dry Cake Ingredients:
- 1 cup THM Baking Blend
- 2.5 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/4 tsp mineral salt
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice (See the Trim Tips section for a recipe!)
- 5 Tbsp THM Super Sweet Blend
Wet Cake Ingredients:
- 3 eggs
- 3 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- coconut oil spray (to coat the baking pan)
1. Make the topping. In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the topping and then set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly coat an 8-inch square baking pan (or baking dish of choice) with coconut oil spray.
3. In a large bowl, mix the dry cake ingredients well and set aside.
4. In a mixing bowl, blend together the wet cake ingredients. Combine with the dry cake ingredients and stir until well incorporated.
5. Pour batter into the baking dish and spread evenly.
6. Spoon the topping over top and swirl with a knife. Sprinkle with nuts.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until inserted knife comes out clean.